Saturday, August 18, 2012

Switch Topic...ERIC CHURCH!

Ok, so I know this blog is about all Keith Urban stuff, but I figured I could write about Eric Church since he's Keith's favorite artist!

Last Tuesday I had the opportunity of going back stage at the Opry with my friends Josh, Jaime, and Sarah. I originally had 3rd row tickets to the show, but Jaime got a killer hook-up through work and got us all backstage passes - HOLY SMOKES!

Needless to say, backstage is utterly amazing. When you have a backstage pass you can literally explore EVERYTHING. No one is there to monitor, you can go into any rooms/dressing rooms you'd like, and you're literally among the stars. Naturally Josh and I split off from the group to explore everything on our own. Being Josh's favorite artist and my #2 man, we NEEDED to find Eric Church! Unfortunately after searching for quite a while, it was evident he was either in a secret holding area or hadn't arrived at the Opry yet. We returned back to behind where the performances took place and enjoyed the show (P.S...the view is KILLER from behind the artists)

Just before Eric's performance, he came out from behind us. Josh and I were DYING inside, but totally keeping our composure on the outside. He was about 4 feet away from us just talking to people for a good 10 minutes before his performance. One of the coolest parts is when he looked over at me and I waved at him and he smiled and waved back. There's a 0% chance I'm going to hide my excited personality just because Eric Church is in the building!

His performance was 4 songs long and it was SO amazing because he did it solo and all acoustically. Josh and I were literally melting during his performance. Naturally, we decided we NEEDED to get to talk to him when he was done. As he exited the stage, a guy asked to have a picture with him and we KNEW this was our chance! We formed a kind of line and sure enough, he stuck around to meet us and let us have our pictures taken with him. It was pretty epic because he only met about 10 people, and 4 of them were us. After I got my pictures taken with him I go, "Just to let you know, I REALLY love you." I definitely couldn't hold it in; I HAD to tell him. He goes, "Well thanks!" with a huge smile on his face.

Needless to say, Josh's life is complete. I wish he had gotten to talk to him a little longer to tell him what a huge influence he's had on his work/writing, but it was so cool just to get to meet him, have him squeeze your side during the picture, and to have evidence (a picture) of meeting the man of the hour.

Way too cool. Thanks, Eric Church, for an amazing performance and for taking time out of your busy schedule to meet the fans that adore you like no other!

No comments:

Post a Comment